Contract Construction & Warehouse Assistant
St. Petersburg, FL
Brick Street Farms designs and builds our THRIVE Container shipping container farms. Our farms use the best technology that cultivates the most nutritious, insanely delicious, wash free produce you’ve ever had. We are looking for people with basic construction knowledge and a passion for growing.
Schedule is Monday-Thursday 7AM-5PM with overtime available. The construction team works four 10-hour shifts, no alternatives.
As a Construction Assistant, you will help build hydroponic shipping container farms, including the installation of irrigation, carpentry, painting and exterior preparation of up-cycled containers and basic electrical work. This role will work under the direction of the Manufacturing Team and assist the Manufacturing Team in all phases of construction. General warehouse assistance, organization and cleaning also required.
- Basic understanding of construction
- Knowledge around tools
- Prompt and reliable
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Detail oriented
- Ability to learn, adapt and work within a team
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Experience in building
- Experience in basic electric work: pulling wire, installing outlets, and junction boxes
- Experience in mechanical and/or plumbing
- Must be able to be on your feet all day with constant moving
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to grab, bend, squat, reach, climb, and twist