Farm Support Specialist - Farming Experience Preferred
St Petersburg, FL
The Farm Support Specialist position is a full-time opportunity with Brick Street Farms. Brick Street farms is a St. Petersburg based company focused on growing leafy greens in our proprietary shipping containers to provide nutrient dense greens to our local community. With this position there is a strong opportunity for advancement.
We can offer part-time for the right candidate. Part-time is a minimum of 16 hours per week. Benefits available for full time employment only.
The main responsibilities for this position are: Harvesting, cleaning, transplanting and maintaining a healthy farm.
- Harvesting product from the farm (there are multiple products that require different techniques)
- Packaging product
- Labeling product
- Organizing product
- Cleaning the inside of the farm
- Removing trash/debris
- Sanitizing the farm
- Resetting the farm for the next crop.
- Transport plants to the proper farm
- Ability to learn the different products we grow and sell.
- Perform daily checks on farms to ensure mechanical items are working properly.
- Assist team with transporting of product and logging product accordingly.
- Learn about the health of the plants and how to mix nutrients properly.
- Learn about mechanical equipment, how to maintain certain aspects of it and change out items as needed.
- Learn how to use farm software and analyze data.
- Learn and understand the labels on nutrients and sanitizers.
- Positive attitude
- Basic math knowledge
- Ability to work with a team and adapt to change.
- Prompt and reliable
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Detail oriented
- Interest in learning about hydroponic operations.
- Must be interested in advancing the organizational mission.
- Ability to learn applications the company uses for communicating, tracking data and task management.
Physical demands (This is a very physically demanding job that requires the following):
- Must be able to be on your feet all day.
- Must be able to: lift, bend, squat, reach, climb, twist.
- Hand dexterity is a must.
- Farming/Growing experience
- Hydroponic and/or Irrigation systems experience
- Mechanical and/or Plumbing knowledge
- Construction experience
- A love for working with plants is a plus!