Farm Support Specialist - Farming Experience Preferred
St Petersburg, FL
The Farm Support Specialist position is a full-time opportunity with Brick Street Farms. Brick Street Farms is a St. Petersburg based company focused on growing leafy greens in our proprietary shipping containers to provide nutrient dense greens to our local community. With this position there is a strong opportunity for advancement.
We can offer part-time for the right candidate. Part-time is a minimum of 16 hours per week. Benefits are available for full time employees only.
Job Description and Roles:
- Learn to properly take care of the plants and maintain the farm containers.
- Reset the farms for each new crop cycle.
- Learn how the NFT systems works and get exposure to climate control software.
- Monitor the plants as they grow from seedlings to full size and learn to spot/scout for potential plant issues.
*This is a relatively physical job which requires standing, lifting, bending, and walking up and down stairs throughout the day*
The main responsibilities for this position are: Harvesting, cleaning, transplanting and maintaining a healthy farm.
- Harvesting product from the farm (there are multiple products that require different techniques)
- Packaging product
- Labeling product
- Organizing product
- Cleaning the inside of the farm
- Removing trash/debris
- Sanitizing the farm
- Resetting the farm for the next crop.
- Transport plants to the proper farm
- Ability to learn the different products we grow and sell.
- Perform daily checks on farms to ensure mechanical items are working properly.
- Assist team with transporting of product and logging product accordingly.
- Learn about the health of the plants and how to mix nutrients properly.
- Learn about mechanical equipment, how to maintain certain aspects of it and change out items as needed.
- Learn how to use farm software and analyze data.
- Learn and understand the labels on nutrients and sanitizers.
Physical demands (This is a very physically demanding job that requires the following):
- Must be able to be on your feet all day.
- Must be able to: lift, bend, squat, reach, climb, twist.
- Hand dexterity is a must.
- Farming/Growing experience
- Hydroponic and/or Irrigation systems experience
- Mechanical and/or Plumbing knowledge
- Construction experience
- A love for working with plants is a plus!