Brick Street Farms is looking for a Financial Controller who can confidently manage all financial recording and reporting functions within a quickly growing company. This person will be responsible for enhancing existing processes and introducing new workflows to enhance the financial operations within the company. This person must be confident in their abilities but comfortable working with other stakeholders in a collaborative manner.
The ideal candidate is an extremely organized and analytical individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining an unwavering level of professionalism and integrity. This role will report to the Chief Operations Officer and work cross-functionally with managers and teams across the organization.
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing in accordance with GAAP
- Develop budgets, report variances to budget, financial forecasts and report results to the executive team.
- Direct the company’s financial affairs to include financial reporting, tax compliance, and business planning.
- Develop and oversee job costing process for manufacturing department
- Manage the Chart of Accounts and integrity of account classifications
- Accounting policies and procedures are to be maintained and enforced, ensuring transactions are recorded efficiently.
- Oversee payroll, ensuring that payroll is accurate, compliant, and timely.
- Manage Fixed Asset lists and depreciation schedules
- Maintain and Coordinate the renewal of company insurance
- Preparing and managing budgeting schedules for the company
- A/R, A/P, Inventory, Treasury, Risk Management
- Financial Statement preparation
- Profitability analysis
- Manage annual tax and audit work with external auditors
- Issue accurate and timely Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement with comment email highlighting overall results and special focus items.
- Provide monthly cost management reports for manufacturing department
- Provide reporting for retail customer and membership transactions
- Provide reporting on inventory levels and velocity
- Consolidate company and department KPI’s for weekly distribution
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Prepare financial information for annual and other audits
Who you are
- 5+ Years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Extensive experience with Quickbooks accounting software
- Experience with Job Costing and Inventory within Quickbooks
- Experience building out and overseeing process controls for job costing accounting
- On-time, every time
- Clean, consistent reporting
- Ability to support a quickly growing company’s needs and provide leadership with meaningful, actionable reports
- Optimistic, level-headed, and consistent
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- High level of communication skills
- Valid or past CPA a big plus
- The salary range for this position is $70,000-$90,000
- 100% employer paid health insurance for the individual
- 2 weeks paid vacation including paid company holidays
Brick Street Farms Core Values
At Brick Street Farms, we believe that the company’s roots and culture are our foundation. Culture is made up of behaviors, intentions, and values. We care for our people, as we care for our plants – purity, integrity, and passion. The core values at the heart of Brick Street Farms culture:
ONE: We are stewards of our planet working collectively for a cleaner, sustainable future for humankind.
HUMAN: We are authentic in our interactions and communicate openly, honestly and respectfully.
COMMUNITY: We are active in our local and global communities enriching the health, bringing knowledge and positive transformation through our sphere of influence.
As part of your application please include a cover letter outlining your skills and experiences that are a good fit for this position and why you are interested in joining Brick Street Farms.