Miso Mushroom Ramen
This rainy weather always makes me crave a warm dish, preferably with some glossy noddles and delicious aromatics. This simple recipe for miso mushroom ramen with bok choy and bacon was just what the doctor ordered. Packed with umami flavors and nutritious ingredients, this cozy dish is sure to satisfy your gloomy weather cravings!
What You'll Need
- 2 servings of Public Goods dried ramen noodles, or your noddle of choice
- 1 tablespoon of Buddha's Garden miso paste
- 1 container of sliced mushrooms from Cactus Hat (Lion's Mane or Oyster)
- 2 baby Bok Choy (1 container) chopped. I separate the leaves and the stems
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (I used the package that comes with the ramen)
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Rice Vinegar or White Wine (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Cook the Noodles
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the ramen noodles (or noodles of choice) according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Step 2: Sauté the Mushrooms
In a skillet, cook your chopped bacon for about 1 minute, just enough time for some of the fat to coat the pan. Add the sliced lions mane mushrooms and cook until they are tender and lightly browned.
Step 4: Add the Leeks and Bok Choy
Separate the leaves from your Bok Choy stems. Add chopped Bok Choy stems, garlic, ginger, and leeks to the mushroom and bacon mixture. Sautee until soft and fragrant. Add your miso paste and soy sauce. Stir to combine. At this point, I like to add a splash of rice vinegar or white wine to the mixture.
Step 5: Assemble the Ramen
Add your cooked noodles and chopped bok choy leaves, stir to combine, and plate! Top it all off with sesame seeds and your choice of micro green, I chose Pea Tendrils!
Enjoy Your Cozy Meal
The rich umami flavors of the miso and mushrooms, combined with the freshness of the Bok Choy and the smoky goodness of the bacon, create a truly satisfying and comforting dish. So, grab a bowl, cozy up on the couch, and savor the warmth and deliciousness of this tasty noodle dish.