Egg-ceptional Lion's Mane Mushroom Omelette
Even though an omelette is simple, something about it screams luxury! This fancy-ish omelette is made with lion's mane mushrooms, pickled onions, and feta cheese. I love feta cheese is an omelette because it adds a hint of light tanginess that I love, while on the flip side, the mushrooms are hearty and meaty. Plus, the pickled onions really brighten up the dish and add a subtle kick, they might be my favorite part!
I sprinkled a bit of arugula micro greens on top to add both a cute garnish and some more nutrients.
Ingredients (makes 2 omelettes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Hot & Spicy pickled onions (available at the Farm Store)
- 8 oz Cactus Hat Lion's Mane mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 oz feta cheese
- A handful of arugula micro greens
1. Add olive oil to a medium skillet on medium heat. Break up your mushrooms, and add them to the pan. Turn the heat to medium high, and let them sit undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Mix, and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked down to a nice golden brown. Add the garlic, and and a pinch of salt, and cook for an additional minute.
2. Prepare one omelette at a time by heating up 1/2 tbsp butter on medium heat in a medium non-stick pan. Once the butter is hot, add half of the beaten eggs to the pan, and swirl around to coat the entire bottom layer of the pan. Turn the heat to medium low, and let the eggs set for a minute or two.
3. Add half of the mushrooms and a fork-full of some pickled onions to the left half of the omelette. Add the feta cheese, and once the eggs have set on the bottom, carefully take a spatula under the right side of the omelette, and flip it over to the left. Continue to cook until eggs have fully set, another minute or two.
4. Add your omelette to a plate, and top with some micro greens, and black pepper. Serve immediately.